Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Shiloh - Shiloh

Pre-Eagles band Shiloh gained popularity all across Texas. The band consisted of Don Henley on drums and vocals, bassist Michael Bowden (Richard's cousin), keyboardist Jim Ed Norman, Dobro/steel guitarist Al Perkins and, of course, lead guitarist Richard Bowden. Along the way, they came to know Kenny Rogers, who encouraged them to go to Los Angeles and gave them tips on how to search for a record deal. Rogers' advice paid off and Shiloh released their first album, Shiloh, in 1970. The record spawned one regional hit single, but went otherwise unnoticed, and that, together with a bad management deal, caused the band to break up.
As Al Perkins left and joined The Flying Burrito Brothers, Don Henley were asked if he wanted to go on the road with Glenn Frey as a band member to backup Linda Ronstadt. They also recruited the remaining members of Shiloh, Michael Bowden and Richard Bowden. Jim Ed Norman resurfaced as arranger and pianist on Eagles and Linda Ronstadt albums.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1970 Shiloh - Shiloh
cleaned vinyl rip @320 kb/s
http://lix.in/-d183d0

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I am trying to track down a copy of the Shilo (Don Henley) Record. Do you know where I can find it? I live in New Zealand but happy to sort out the postage. Thanks.
nadiahumphries@yahoo.com.au

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I've also been trying to track down 'Shiloh' 1970. I live in Ireland.
Does anyone have a copy that they would be willing to part with?

Jim said...

Thanks for posting this!
Jim

El Isabelino said...

Hey thanks for Shiloh. Very much appreciated, saludos.

doug denslowe said...

Well with the "History of the Eagles" on Showtime,you'd think there would be tons of comments!Truth be told,I wasn't a "fan"of the Eagles.That is,until I saw the documentary.Now anything Eagles related I'm a fan of!I was always familiar with their hits,but the backstory was so well done......well that's what got me here in the first place.Being a singer/writer/drummer I'm now a Huge fan of Don Henley.That's all,Im always curious as to why some bands make it and some don't.I'm always "looking"for any possible clue that might help.